Dr Fred Ushakov
Dr Fred Ushakov is the Founder and Managing Director of London Pregnancy Clinic (formerly City Ultrasound.) He has more than 35 years’ medical professional experience and was working in obstetrics and gynaecology, fetal medicine and ultrasound. In the UK Fred is working in Fetal Medicine and specialising in Fetal Anomalies.
He also works at the UCLH Fetal Medicine Unit, having gained recognition as the most skilled ultrasound operator.
Dr Ushakov founded the London School of Ultrasound, where he has lectured doctors and sonographers from more than 100 countries. He founded the Early Fetal Scan Conference, a scientific event that seeks to raise awareness among professionals to recognise and manage different fetal abnormalities at earliest stages of gestation.
Furthermore, Dr Ushakov served as an Ambassador of the International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynaecology (ISUOG) in 2014-2020.
He has a particular interest in the training and support of doctors and sonographers in other countries to help them to protect and preserve the health of mothers and unborn babies.
Medical Degree: 1st Leningrad Medical Institute, Leningrad, former USSR, 1987
Specialisation in Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Ultrasound: Ott Institute of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Leningrad, former USSR, 1989
Specialisation in Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Ultrasound: Hadassah Medical Centre, Jerusalem University, Jerusalem, Israel, 2002
Specialist in Fetal Medicine: UCLH/UCL, London, UK, from 2010
- Early Pregnancy Scans
- Ultrasound Scans before NIPT
- First Trimester Anomaly Scans (from 10 weeks)
- Assessment of Fetuses with an Increased Nuchal Translucency (NT)
- Assessment of Fetuses with an Cystic Hygroma or/and Early Fetal Hydrops
- First Trimester Fetal Echocardiography (Early Echo)
- Fetal Echocardiography (heart anomalies)
- First Trimester Fetal Neurosonography
- Fetal Neurosonography (brain anomalies)
- Evaluation of Fetuses with Spina Bifida
- Examination of Fetuses with Anomalies
- Evaluation of Fetuses with Down’s Syndrome and other Chromosomal Syndromes
- Evaluation of the Fetuses with Skeletal Diseases (Skeletal Dysplasias)
- Maternal Dopplers (uterine arteries)
- Fetal Dopplers (umbilical artery, middle cerebral artery, ductus venosus)
- Cervical Scans
- Transvaginal (internal) Ultrasound
- 3D & 4D Scans
- Non-invasive Prenatal Testing (NIPT)
Dr Fred Ushakov is International Lecturer in Ultrasound and Fetal Medicine
- Founder and Director of London School of Ultrasound (fetalechocardiography.com)
- Organiser and Director of Early Fetal Scan Conference (efscan.com)
- Educational Lead for Fetal Ultrasound Anomalies module for UCL MSc in Obstetric Ultrasound and Fetal Medicine
- Invited Lecturer for more than 100 professional congresses, conferences and courses around the World: Australia, Belgium, Egypt, India, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Peru, Romania, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Ukraine, US and many other countries.
- 10 Weeks Anomaly Scan and NIPT
- Increased Nuchal Translucency (NT)
- Cystic Hygroma
- Early Fetal Hydrops
- Early Fetal (anomaly) Scan (12-16 weeks)
- Fetal Echocardiography (heart defects)
- Fetal Neurosonography (brain disorders)
- Down’s Syndrome Screening and Expert Scan for the Fetuses diagnosed with Trisomy 21 (T21)
- Rare Congenital Anomalies
- Rare Genetic Syndromes
- Early Embryonic and Fetal Development
- Spina Bifida
- Skeletal Dysplasias
- Vasa Praevia (vasa previa)
- Anomalies occurring at later stage of pregnancy (ventriculomegaly and other)