Is this package for me?
The menopausal health check in London is for women affected by menopause, typically from the age of 45, seeking medical advice.
What is included in this package?
This package is made up of information, advice and screening tests for women who reach menopause, including:
- A consultation with a consultant gynaecologist with pre-pregnancy advice, including gynaecology ultrasound scanning
- Full history taking and pelvic examination
- Blood pressure assessment
- Cervical smear (PAP test), and HPV testing
- Sexual health review
- Arrangement for prescription and onward referral if required
- Swab tests for sexually transmitted infections
- Blood test screening for the following:
Thyroid function test
Vitamin D levels
Fasting lipid (cholesterol) profile
CA125 (ovarian cancer screen)
- Breast screening (mammogram or breast ultrasound), at additional cost
- Bone density scan for osteoporosis, if needed at additional cost
How will I get my results?
You will receive your ultrasound report shortly after your appointment via our secure cloud system. The bloods are processed by our partner laboratory TDL here in London and can take 10-15 days to be processed.
Following the receipt of the results, we will arrange a 10 minute Zoom/phone consultation to interpret the results and discuss the following actions.
We are also happy to send the results to your GP and arrange any further referrals as appropriate.
If the check-up results in any concerns regarding your health, we will arrange a referral letter explaining our finding and diagnosis to your GP. We are also able to refer you to a private hospital or specialist of your choice or recommend a trusted expert from our wide network of colleagues in the field.
Here at London Pregnancy Clinic, our team have the expertise to offer advice and treatments for those suffering with menopause. If you’ve been looking for “menopause health checks near me”, please book your consultation below.