Dr Prashant Purohit is a Consultant in Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Reproductive Medicine based at Kings College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and Kings Fertility, London.
He completed his medical graduation and post graduate training (MS: Master of Surgery) in Obstetrics and Gynaecology in Mumbai with distinction and Gold medal. He undertook four-year clinical research fellowship in Reproductive Medicine and Surgery at King College Hospital. He was admitted as a Member of Royal college of Obstetrician and Gynaecologists in 2011 and completed his Speciality Training from Glasgow deanery in 2019.
He specialises in the management of infertile couples, fertility preservation, fibroids, endometriosis, miscarriage, polycystic ovaries, menopause, menstrual bleeding disorders and pelvic pain. His special interests include minimally invasive surgery like (key-hole) laparoscopic/ hysteroscopic surgery, Gynaecological and early pregnancy ultrasound and reproductive medicine.
Dr Purohit is accredited by British Fertility Society for management of subfertility and assisted conception (IVF and IUI). He also holds advanced training and accreditation from Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology for Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy surgery, Menopause and Subfertility-Assisted Conception.
Dr Purohit is widely published in the field of reproductive medicine and gynaecology. He is passionate and actively involved in training and supervision of students from Kings College London, speciality trainees from London/Kent deanery as well as international universities. Dr Purohit is an approved health care provider for leading UK medical insurance companies (Bupa, AXA, Cigna, Vitality Aetna, Aviva and WPA).
MRCOG– Member of Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology 2011
FCPS – Fellow of College of Physicians and Surgeons, Mumbai 2009
MS – Master of Surgery (Obstetrics and Gynaecology) Mumbai 2008- Gold Medal
DNB – Diplomat of National Board(Obstetrics and Gynaecology) , New Delhi 2008
DGO – Diploma in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Mumbai 2007
MBBS – Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, India 2004.
• One Stop Gynaecology – Pelvic pain, Endometriosis, Menstrual Disorders, Fibroids, Adenomyosis, Endometrial polyps, Ovarian cysts, IUCD/IUD coil insertion or removal, General Contraceptive Advice & Emergency Contraception, Menopause, POI (Premature menopause), Cervical cancer screening.
• Reproductive Medicine– Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), Gynae-Endocrine Disorders, Hirsutism, Acne, Raised Androgens etc.
• Fertility – Assessment & Advice for heterosexual or same sex couples , single woman/men , fertility preservation (social or prior to medical treatments), fertility treatments (Ovulation induction , IUI, IVF) and Egg/Sperm donation.
• Early pregnancy – Early pregnancy complications such as bleeding, pain, recurrent miscarriages, ectopic pregnancy.
• Advanced Gynaecological Ultrasound – Transvaginal Ultrasound, 3D Ultrasounds, Advanced endometriosis Ultrasound, Hystero-Contrast Sonograph (HyCoSy), Saline Sonogram.
• Laparoscopic & Hysteroscopic (Key-Hole) Surgery – Removal of cysts, polyps, fibroids , hysterectomy , female sterilization.
• Progesterone and abnormal uterine bleeding/menstrual disorders . Best Practice & Research Clinical Obstetrics & Gynaecology, June 2020.
• Progesterone in Assisted reproduction : Classification, Pharmacology and its Clinical correlation. Women’s Health & Gynaecology, Feb 2020.
• Management of induced menopause in Gynaecological cancers and its challenges. Current Obstetrics and Gynecology Reports, 2019.
• HAEMATOCERVIX: Case Report and Review of Literature’. Medical Research and Clinical Case Reports 1.2:53-57 (2018).
• Unexplained infertility: prevalence, possible causes and treatment options. A review of the literature. Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecological Investigations. 2018;1(1):17-22. doi:10.5114/jogi.2018.74250.
• Seminal Fluid Hypersensitivity: A Case Report and Review of the Literature. Current Women health Reviews. Volume 14, Issue 1, 2018 .
• Miscarriage Definitions ,Causes and Management: Review of Literature. ARC Journal of Gynaecology and Obstetrics 2017; 3(2):20-31.
• Common iliac Artery Pseudo Aneurysm as a Complication of Diagnostic Laparoscopy. J Gynecol Women’s Health. 2017; 3(3): 555617.
• Preconception care: Genetic & Pre-existing conditions. The Pharmaceutical Journal, Vol 298, No 7898, 21 Feb 2017.
• Preconception care: Dietary and Lifestyle Advice. The Pharmaceutical Journal, Vol 298, No 7897, 16 Jan 2017.
• Sub fertility: treatment options in women. The Pharmaceutical Journal, Vol 295, No 7878, 5 September 2015.
• The relation between ovarian reserve and In-vitro fertilization success. International Archives of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (IAOG). 2016; 1: 8-15.
• Fibroids and Infertility. Current Obstet Gynecol Rep. 2016; 5:81-88.
• The association between cardiovascular risks and polycystic ovary syndrome. International Archives of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (IAOG). 2016; 1: 16-23.
• Primary Ovarian Insufficiency and Fertility Preservation: Review Article and Meta-analysis. International Archives of Obstet. And Gynecol. 2016; 2:5-11.
• Open power morcellation: Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Reproductive Medicine, Volume 25, Issue 7, 208 – 209.
• General Gynaecology
• Reproductive Medicine
• Advanced gynaecological Ultrasound
• Early Pregnancy
• Laparoscopic & Hysteroscopic (Keyhole) Surgery
36 Spital Square
London E1 6DY
Monday – Friday
Elizabeth, Central, Circle, Hammersmith & City and Metropolitan lines to Liverpool Street or Northern line to Moorgate.
Overground at Shoreditch High Street. All stations within 5-10 minutes' walk.